Halloween is getting closer and offers a fun time for the kiddos, but it’s always important to
review safety tips even though we’re reminded each year.
Here are some Trick or Treat Safety Tips:
- Plan a route
- Supervise your children
- Make your children visible
- Stay on the sidewalks
- Drive carefully
Halloween Candy Safety Tips:
- For young children, remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys.
- Check all candy before eating to check for tampering
- Don’t accept or eat anything that is not commercially wrapped
- Throw out candy or treats that are homemade, unwrapped or have torn wrapping.
Snack Option: Energy Bites
- Ingredients-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups nonfat instant dry milk
- 1 cup quick oatmeal (unflavored)
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- Collect and measure all ingredients before starting
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix ingredients with a spoon until combined.
- Using clean hands, shape the mixture into 16 balls that are approximately 1″ in diameter.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container. Eat within 3 to 5 days.