Wise and Well’s Dr. Stevie Dejuan Springer appeared on New Mexico Living to give healthy tips for your heart for Valentine’s Day. Below are some healthy foods and tips that are good for the heart.
- Leafy Green Vegetables.
- Whole Grains.
- Berries. …
- Avocados. …
- Fatty Fish and Fish Oil. …
- Walnuts. …
- Beans. …
- Dark Chocolate.
- Olive Oil
- Green Tea
- Red Wine
- Help prevent plaque buildup in the arteries.
- Protect against heart disease.
- Boost levels of antibodies in the body.
- Reduce levels of stress chemicals, which can damage the immune system.
- Lower risk of disease in general.
- Decrease risk of early death.
- Lengthen life.
Gifts from and for the Heart
- Give a fruit basket or fruit subscription
- Give loved one a pedometer
- Take an active field trip
- Give a funny book