Shawn Weed has been honing his culinary chops across the globe for years. After running a successful multi-million dollar food operations for universities, casinos and restaurants, Weed decided it was finally time to open his own concept.
Weed came up with “The Acre,” which combines his midwestern roots with his passion for supporting local growers and seasonal dining.
Ingredients for calabacitas:
- 2 Squash, diced
- ¼ red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup roasted corn
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green chile
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch fresh Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Red Chile Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the olive oil to the pan and then the squash and bell peppers
- Cook over medium for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add the onions, green chile and corn and cook an additional 5 minutes
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and add the garlic and spices
- Cook an additional 3 minutes and taste for seasoning and doneness
- Serve hot with some warm tortillas or as a great side.
The Acre is located at 4410 Wyoming Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87111. It is at the southeast corner of Wyoming and Montgomery boulevard. They are open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.