Thursday, September 5 the New Mexico State Fair starts.
The rodeos hosted by the New Mexico State Fair are some of the most intense, action-packed, family-friendly events in the state, and this year’s lineup is no different.
Rodeo and Concerts:
- Saturday, September 7: Aaron Watson with Xtreme Bulls at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, September 8: Rank Lil Buckers Rodeo at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 10: Wrangler National Patriot PRCA Rodeo at 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 11: Mitchell Tenpenny with PRCA Rodeo at 6:45 p.m.
- Thursday, September 12: Eli Young Band with PRCA Rodeo at 6:45 p.m.
- Friday, September 13: Clay Walker with PRCA Rodeo at 6:45 p.m.
- Saturday, September 14: Smash Mouth and Spin Doctors with PRCA Rodeo at 6:45 p.m.
- Sunday, September 15: PRCA Rodeo at 4 p.m.
September 30 is the last day that these cowboys and cowgirls will have to get their points up to be in the top 15 and continue to nationals. That means that everyone is going to be at these rodeos doing their best to score high.
The New Mexico State Fair ends on Sunday, September 15. Sunday to Thursday the fair is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, the fair is open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Midway opens Monday through Friday at 2 p.m. On Saturdays and Sundays the Midway opens at 10 a.m.