The New Mexico State Fair is here once again. For 10 days, people flood to the State Fair Grounds to watch the rodeos, listen to live entertainment, see spectaculars, and of course, eat the food. Here is some general information, and some new things happening at the 2019 New Mexico State Fair.
- Adults ages 12-64: $10
- Seniors ages 65+: $7
- Children ages 6-11: $7
- Children ages 1-5: Free
- Sunday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: Opens at 2 p.m
- Saturdays & Sundays: Opens at 10 a.m.
The New Mexico State Fair is known for its outrageous foods. If your top reason to come to the fair is to eat, then mark your calendars for their all-new Graze Days! Graze Days is the budget-friendly way to experience all that the culinary delight that the fair has to offer. Each Thursday from 11 am – 4 pm each vendor at the fair will offer at least one snack-sized item on their menu for just $3! This is a great way to save money and enjoy more of everybody’s favorite reason for coming to the fair.
New Mexico’s definitive Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge is an event you do not want to miss. Twelve of New Mexico’s best burger chefs will battle for the 2019 trophy and very limited State Fair attendees will have an opportunity to vote for the “People’s Choice” award and sample all the burgers.
NM Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge – Monday 9/9
Main Street Theme Days
- 9/5 Thursday – Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- 9/6 Friday – Fire Fighters & Smokey Bear Day, Red Ribbon Relay Day
- 9/7 Saturday – Parade Day and Mopars, Classic VW’s
- 9/8 Sunday – Model T’s, Model A’s, Early Ford v8’s, Antique Car Show VMCCA, Classic Tractors
- 9/9 Monday – Seniors’ Celebration Day & Healthy Living Day
- 9/10 Tuesday – Military & Veterans Appreciation Day
- 9/11 Wednesday – Pathway to College & Careers Day, Environment Appreciation Day
- 9/12 Thursday – New Mexico True Day and the Gathering of the Counties
- 9/13 Friday – Science & Technology Day
- 9/14 Saturday – Hot Rods & Custom Cars and Native American Day
- 9/15 Sunday – NMSF – Classic Car and Truck Show
- Amazon Wonders Photo Booth (NEW)
- Salsa Steel Drum Band (NEW)
- Sling Shot
- Play with Giants (NEW)
- Stilt Circus
- Canine Star (NEW)
- Lorikeets Encounter
- Chicago Honey Bear Dancers
- Sea Lion Splash
- Magician Sheldon Casavant
- Chef Ray Duey Presents
- Duck Races
- Street Drum Corps
- Great American Petting Zoo
- Great American Pig Races
- The Great American Living Carousel Pony Sweep
Categories: Local Guide