October is in full swing which means many will be craving the sweets treats that come along with Halloween. Chef Shawn Bucher is in the kitchen to demonstrate how to impress your guests with 30-second ice cream.
Author of “The First Timer’s Cookbook” and “The First Timer’s Bakebook”, Chef Shawn is the director of culinary operations for DM&A, the largest healthcare foodservice consulting firm in North America. He has worked in almost every segment of the foodservice industry and holds business degrees and certificates in culinary arts, business, hospitality & tourism management, accounting, and professional sales.
30 Second Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups dry ice (dry ice can be very dangerous)
- Combine half and half, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and mix until incorporated completely
- Crush dry ice in a towel and slowly pour through a strainer to remove large chunks into the mix
- Mix and whisk until frozen
- Serve or store in a freezer immediately