UN-17 is a New Mexico nonprofit organization that is guided by the United Nations and is dedicated to bringing 17 goals for sustainable development that are supported by the leaders of New Mexico. They are excited to announce their new office and working space.
The sustainable development goals are a call to action to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. The goals recognize that ending poverty goes hand-in-hand with economic growth and addresses a variety of social needs such as education, health, social protection, and job opportunities all while combating climate change and protecting the environment.
The 17 sustainable development goals are:
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice, and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals
Mile-by-Mile is an event that encourages Albuquerque businesses to improve their surrounding community within one square mile of their facilities. This can be anything from street cleaning, graffiti removal, helping to relocate the homeless etc.
The UN-17 Lounge is now open Thursday through Saturday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at their workspace location at 10126 Coors Blvd. NW.