Ashley Temer is a Financial Representative with Northwestern Mutual who helps professionals, families, and business owners plan for financial security. She’s here for your “Money Minute.”
Whether you have a little or a lot of money, managing it brings a lifetime of choices. The best financial plans revolve around five basic actions. The goal is to strike the balance among all five.
- Save – Start building up your savings to cover life’s goals and surprises today to afford a comfortable life tomorrow.
- Spend – Manage what you have so that you can cover what you need, owe, and want.
- Grow – Invest in ways that match your goals, timeline, and tolerance for risk.
- Protect – Safeguard your most financial asset, your income.
- Give – Where would you like to make a difference? When you have time or money to share with causes that matter to you, what people and purposes will you support?